Features and Benefits
- Natural - Benefit Safe for Humans, Animals, Plants and the Environment.
- Non-Toxic - Benefit No associated Health & Safety issues or environmental issues in use or disposal.
- Organic - Benefit Use to improve soil conduitions (A RENEWABLE RESOURCE)
- Biodegradable - Benefit land filling Hazardous and nonhazardous waste. (Landfill friendly No long term environmental effect)
- Flammability - Benefit SPHAG SORB does not ignite instantly when exposed to heat or flame, in fact it is difficult to establish a smolder.
- Versatile - Benefit Can be applied on any surface type, land or water, and absorbs the widest variety of liquids when compared to traditional absorbents. (Reduces inventory and simplifies training and decision making; one absorbent does it all)
- Easy to use - Benefit No specialized training or equipment, just open and apply. (Reduces labor and equipment expense)
- Lightweight - Benefit Absorbs 4 tiems its own weight. (Less physical strain in handling and lower shipping and disposal cost)
- Super-absorbent - Benefit Absorbs hydrocarbons with up to 8 times less Sphag Sorb absorbent than competitive products. (Lower volumes of absorbent and weight. Reduces transportation and disposal costs)
- Absorbs on contact - Benefit Quicker absorption means less spill spread and less penetration resulting in lower clean up cost.
- Non-Leaching - Benefit Holds onto the absorbed liquid, therefore less dripping mess in clean up. (Very important in controlling the liquid on site cleanup, during transportation and in landfills)
- Vapor Suppressive - Benefit Reduces flammable vapors by 90%. (Lowers explosion and odor risks)
- Microbe Enhanced - Benefit Specially cultured bacterial strains that are known to digest hydrocarbons are concentrated in a formula and then added to SPHAG SORB in production. Designed to assist Mother Nature by adding massive amounts of specific bacterial-enzymes to hasten the remediation process.
- Optimal Remediation Environment - Benefit SPHAG SORB provides an ideal (Remediation) environment by allowing heat, air and water to reach the microbes, ensuring rapid bacterial growth and reproduction.
- Renewable/Sustainable Resource - Benefit Sphagnum peat moss is the dead material that accumulates as new live material grows on top and exerts pressure on the peat moss below. Over 50 million tons of peat are estimated to accumulate in the natural environment each year in Canada while current production utilizes approximately 700,000 to 800,000 tons annually. Several options are currently utilized for bag reclamation and restoration.
Indigenous microbes are simply those originating in a particular region or country. Indigenous microbes exist everywhere, differing from region to region and varying in strains and concentrations. Some competitor’s claim that they have indigenous microbes, that only means there are characteristic to the specific region that the plant is harvested in.
SPHAG SORB adds a microbe formulation that contains several types of microorganisms that can degrade aliphatic and Polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbon chemicals. It contains microflora that survive on hydrocarbon waste substances, utilizing it as a source of carbon. These safe, nonpathogenic microbes produce a broad spectrum of enzyme systems. This concentrated microbial formulation merely assists Mother Nature’s indigenous microbes by adding massive amounts of specific bacterial-enzymes to hasten the remediation process.